Many thanks
So the good byes are getting harder and harder. Don't get me wrong, I'm still definitely looking forward to this new adventure in Ireland, but I will miss my friends. Skip next part if you don't want to read a bunch of sentimental stuff.
Christine gave me lots of good, practical advice. But I think the two best pieces of advice she gave me were to not feel bad or try and please everyone. I should do what I want and on my terms. After all, it is my adventure. I do have a tendency to over-stress about other people. Secondly, she reminded me to stay positive and not be too discouraged if I don't find a job within the first week that I am over there. This is good sound advice. I keep telling myself that over and over again, but it's harder to practice this in reality. So if I am jobless after a couple of weeks, I will remember Christine's words and try and stay strong and focused with the job hunt. So thanks for that Christine. I appreciate the positivity and encouragement and all the practical tips. Thanks for your friendship over the past 12 years.
Kelly - it would be great if you came over and drove us around Ireland, since you can drive a standard. That would be fun! Thanks for the pearls of wisdom and the encouragement as well.
Rosa - you will be missed completely. The jokes, the talks, your directness and practical nature. I have always had a fabulous time hanging out with you. I can be myself completely when I'm around you, even though it drives you mad sometimes. You put up with a lot but manage to handle everything with style and grace. Make sure you save up your pennies for December. I understand fully though if it gets to be too expensive. But just don't turn into a cost benefit analyzer like Fou. Or I will have to come back and bombard you with mass e-mails.
Fou - cost benefit analyzer supreme, materialistic high maintenance to the extreme, funny, disser, job snob, hostel stayer minus the "s", good luck with your own adventure overseas. Sorry you missed the Amazing Race. I may pop up in your neck of the woods soon. Don't underestimate me. You will be surprised when I show up on your doorstep and freeload off of you for a month. I will steal the credit card. Stay in touch. Don't turn into a materialistic, egocentric bum - oh wait, you already are! Kidding...I will miss you a lot. I will miss me calling you and harassing you for your opinion on certain issues, and never having you return my phone calls. I will miss the cost benefit analysis, believe it or not, but most of all I will miss your caring, funny, generous nature and all around good heart. You better keep in touch or else....
This reads like a yearbook I know..and I know I am coming back in a year or earlier and I will still have my friends and we will still hang out, but I can not think of a better time to recognize these important, incredible people. I could not ask for better friends... thanks a million for everything...
I have other people to thank, other cool, incredible friends, but right now I have to finish packing.. so I'm off to finish packing..........
Christine gave me lots of good, practical advice. But I think the two best pieces of advice she gave me were to not feel bad or try and please everyone. I should do what I want and on my terms. After all, it is my adventure. I do have a tendency to over-stress about other people. Secondly, she reminded me to stay positive and not be too discouraged if I don't find a job within the first week that I am over there. This is good sound advice. I keep telling myself that over and over again, but it's harder to practice this in reality. So if I am jobless after a couple of weeks, I will remember Christine's words and try and stay strong and focused with the job hunt. So thanks for that Christine. I appreciate the positivity and encouragement and all the practical tips. Thanks for your friendship over the past 12 years.
Kelly - it would be great if you came over and drove us around Ireland, since you can drive a standard. That would be fun! Thanks for the pearls of wisdom and the encouragement as well.
Rosa - you will be missed completely. The jokes, the talks, your directness and practical nature. I have always had a fabulous time hanging out with you. I can be myself completely when I'm around you, even though it drives you mad sometimes. You put up with a lot but manage to handle everything with style and grace. Make sure you save up your pennies for December. I understand fully though if it gets to be too expensive. But just don't turn into a cost benefit analyzer like Fou. Or I will have to come back and bombard you with mass e-mails.
Fou - cost benefit analyzer supreme, materialistic high maintenance to the extreme, funny, disser, job snob, hostel stayer minus the "s", good luck with your own adventure overseas. Sorry you missed the Amazing Race. I may pop up in your neck of the woods soon. Don't underestimate me. You will be surprised when I show up on your doorstep and freeload off of you for a month. I will steal the credit card. Stay in touch. Don't turn into a materialistic, egocentric bum - oh wait, you already are! Kidding...I will miss you a lot. I will miss me calling you and harassing you for your opinion on certain issues, and never having you return my phone calls. I will miss the cost benefit analysis, believe it or not, but most of all I will miss your caring, funny, generous nature and all around good heart. You better keep in touch or else....
This reads like a yearbook I know..and I know I am coming back in a year or earlier and I will still have my friends and we will still hang out, but I can not think of a better time to recognize these important, incredible people. I could not ask for better friends... thanks a million for everything...
I have other people to thank, other cool, incredible friends, but right now I have to finish packing.. so I'm off to finish packing..........

1 Comments:
The goodbyes never get any easier, even as many times as I've had to do them! I'm starting to do the same thing now too, though I don't leave for another week and a half.
Post a Comment
<< Home